The Internet is an essential place for businesses today. Whether it is to promote them or to sell their products and services.
But having a website does not mean being present, for that you have to enjoy a good positioning in search engine results so your target audience can find you.
In order to better understand the dominance of the Internet today, its evolution and its importance for your business, you will find below some figures.
Internet and the French
- In February 2011 there were 38,23 million Internet users, an increase of 8% compared to February 2010. This represents 71,3% of French people aged 11 and over.
- 92% of French Internet users surf the Internet every day.
- The French spend an average of 3 hours 57 minutes each day surfing the Web.
Sources: France Info, Journal du Net and FEVAD (Federation of e-commerce and distance selling).
internet and business
- France has 30,4 million online shoppers.
- During the third quarter of 2011, all of the online sales sites saw their turnover increase by 2% compared to the second quarter of 2011 and by 23% over one year.
- In 2010 the French spent a total of 31 billion euros on the Internet.
- The Web should benefit from the crisis, according to a study by OTO Research carried out online. 80% of respondents say they should use the Internet to buy cheaper.
Source Journal du Net and FEVAD (Federation of e-commerce and distance selling).
Infographic on Internet consumption by the French
Go further: consult our natural referencing prices.